My name is Nnamdi Render and my passion is sports. Particularly college sports. Ever since I was a kid, I have always had an urge to study, learn, and participate in sports. Yet also from an early age, I have always seen the landscape of professional sports to be vastly flawed. Don't get me wrong I love watching pro sports as much as the next person, yet I think college athletics represents everything good about the basis of sports. Sports is a great equalizer. Sports is a peacemaker. Sports is a way to be included, to find friends, even feel accepted. As the late Nelson Mandela said in a speech in 2006 "Sport has the power to chance the world. It has the power to unite people in a way little else does. Sport can awaken hope where there was previously only despair." As an athlete myself, I believe sports should be more about rewarding young men and women for their endeavors with pride and honor instead of pumping up their heads with contracts bigger than the endowments of colleges. All in all nothing against those who don't, but I prefer college sports to professional sports. Often times within this blog you will encounter some bias. The team in college sports that I love with all my heart is the Spartans of Michigan State University. I will attempt to remain objective in my posts about other schools, but when it comes to my Spartans, there's no holding back! Just one note: my favorite sport to play, watch and analyze is basketball so I will mostly be writing about that but I also love soccer, baseball, track and field, football and many others.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts about college sports and every topic underneath that broad umbrella. Thank you for reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment